Sunday, June 19, 2011

Good Idea Turned Traumatic

Doesn't this baby look really cute? I thought she looked adorable, but Abbey would disagree. Abbey loves her baby. She carries her everywhere and loves to play with her. I thought that it would be a fun activity to get her doll ready for the day. I got these cute clothes and had it all planned out. We were going to wash her off with a baby wipe, change her diaper, put fake lotion on her, and then get her dressed. I thought Abbey would love getting her baby doll ready. I was wrong. As soon as the clothes went on the baby Abbey freaked out. She started screaming and crying. She then grabbed her baby and wouldn't let me touch it. Every time I came close to Abbey or her baby, Abbey would freak out and move so she was in front of her baby. She was so protective of her baby and simply would not have anything to do with the clothes. Abbey didn't let me close to her baby for the rest of the day. I guess I learned my lesson, never try to change a baby girl's doll's clothes; it can only end in tears.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! I wish we could understand why that was so awful to her! Hayden loves her baby doll too. She has one that is always naked and if I ever try to put the clothes on she freaks out. But the other one always has her clothes on.

    ReplyDelete